Thursday, December 3, 2009

off air

Must apologize for the lengthy radio silence... Dad's been hogging the compoota of late. He's been working strange hours too - up and out before me, crawling to bed after midnight. At least that gives me some space in the bed, and it's pretty easy to get him off to sleep. He's off down the coast next week for a few days (sounds like a beach holiday to me, but he claims hard labour is involved). I'll take Mum shopping so she can get me a few more toys while he's away.
I've got a few new teeth coming through - hassle I could do without, but hey, apparently they'll come in useful. I find that chewing on stuff helps - particular faves include bark, finger puppets, fridge magnets, the wooden spatula, etc. Basically anything I can get my hands on which I'm not allowed to put in my mouth. Drives Mum nuts which is hilarious.
I'm in training for the World Cup next year - I expect Pim won't include me in the 1st squad he announces, but we have an understanding I'll get the call-up shortly before the comp starts when the media's obsessed with something else. People will say I'm too young, should be at kinder instead of on the pitch, etc. You know what they're like. Defo want to put one over the French after Henry's attempt to play rugby against the Irish. That try should never have been allowed - it was a blatant knock-on.
Here's a pic from a while ago - Dad's hair is great for holding on to!

No comments: